Thursday, November 2, 2023

A Waterfall Fall



I enjoy the autumn trees, colorful leaves and crisp breeze that fall brings. The sound of  water flowing or trickling with a bit of sunlight is a perfect day to celebrate. So, I had to share my visit to two Virginia Parks, one last fall and another a few days ago. I bought along my three decorated artistic mannequin heads to the table setting. 

I stretched stockings over the  mannequin heads and then decorated them with fall and fall colored flowers. I use foam mannequin heads instead of foam balls for round flower arrangements because it is a fraction of the cost, and the neck is a good stem to secure them into containers. I just shave the facial features away.

The container I have the mannequin heads setting in, is a bed riser, I like using them because they are weightier than most non-ceramic containers and the reinforcement inside raises live plants away from the water.  I love using them for my small poinsettias at Christmas to help with keep them watered. Tie a bow around them and they become very festive. I purchase mine from the thrift store, they seem to always be plentiful.





No comments:

Post a Comment